Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patchbay pseudo-release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patchbay pseudo-release
From: Jan Weil (jan.weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 17:25:39 EEST

On Mon Jul 26 07:22:57 2004 Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 06:21, Jan Weil wrote:
> > On Sun Jul 25 21:36:35 2004 Dave Robillard wrote:
> > > I decided to throw up a tarball of my modular jack patchbay (now called
> > > Patchage), though it's far from finished (not enough hours in the day..)
> > > [...]
> >
> > I vaguely remember that this has been discussed before, but wouldn't it
> > be nice if this was merged into qjackctl?
>
> Sorry, it's GTK. I can't think of any real benefits of integrating it
> with qjackctl anyway...

I was asking because what I'd love to see is a Linux Audio control
center where all aspects of an ALSA/Jack session can be controlled, i.
e. it should/could provide

 * an audio (== Jack) patchbay
 * a MIDI patchbay
 * a Jack controller
 * support for LASH (fka LADCCA)
 * a Jack mixer (JackMix) ?
 * a LADSPA presets manager (im-/export) via liblrdf
 * you name it

I see more and more applications evolving which accomplish parts of
these tasks.
I'd like to see these efforts bundled.

Yes, I know, neither Unix nor F/OSS works this way.

--
Jan Weil
http://linuxaudioblog.jawebada.de