[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA "Unique" IDs

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA "Unique" IDs
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 02:42:29 EEST

I vaguely remember a discussion here about LADSPA ID's (unsigned long
UniqueID) not actually being globally unique to a plugin like the header
implies, but I can't find it in the archives.

So.. unique or not? Basically I need to know what the "proper"
information is to send a synth in order to load a plugin. At the moment
I'm sending filename and index, which I don't think is ideal. (The
synth could be running on a completely seperate machine, so the sender
and receiver might not have the same LADSPA plugins around...)

Thanks,

-DR-