[linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC for GUI-Engine communication

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC for GUI-Engine communication
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 18:44:57 EEST

>From: Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca>
>
>The question is, which implementation is best? All I can find is
>Steve's liblo, libosc++, and the 'official' OSC kit. What are the
>advantages/drawbacks of each? I can find very little information on any
>of them.

Last I checked OSC, it had Lisp/Scheme like syntax. Don't know
if that is a drawback --- anyone?

Has anyone used MPI (Message Passing Interface) for this?
People use these for high performance parallel computations
in Linux clusters. MPI itself is a standard supported by academic
and by vendors. MPI is used, e.g., in supercomputers.
See, e.g.,
  http://www.csc.fi/reports/pc-cluster/Finalreport.pdf

Juhana