Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0
From: Jan Weil (jan.weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 14:54:50 EEST

On Sat Jul 31 21:39:51 2004 Pete Bessman wrote:
> I'm pleased to annouce, after a solid month of heated debate with X11,
> the initial public release of PHAT, the PHat Audio Toolkit. From the
> website (www.gazuga.net/phat.php):

I tried the demo and I like the concept of the fanslider.

Did you think about displaying the current value in the fan?
With the demo it is easily possible to move the fan over the spinbuttons
which hides your feedback and makes it impossible to control the exact
value.
You could even add more information like the unit of measurement and the
parameter name to the fan label (e. g. "Input gain: -10.7 dB", although
I know that *this* is not a unit of measurement).
You could make this label appear as soon as the fan is big enough.
At least with the hfanslider it could even be permanent.

--
Jan Weil
http://linuxaudioblog.jawebada.de