[linux-audio-dev] lash directions

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] lash directions
From: Bob Ham (rah_AT_bash.sh)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 20:34:32 EEST

Hi,

One of the things that I came away from the meeting in Germany with was
a sense that the LASH protocol used for client<->server communication
needed to be better defined, both on the wire and in the api. What is
really necessary is a network protocol and api designed to allow
high-level ideas like sessions to be represented in a simple format.

The properties that I had been working on have become gobjects and what
was to be a new networking system is a seperate, gobject-based library
to provide a high-level networking api (eg, session_scan(),
session_join(), etc)

The TLA OSC has been banded about quite a bit, and this is not out of
the question; it would be in a set of usable lower-level protocols (or
perhaps the set :)

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah_AT_bash.sh>