[linux-audio-dev] liblo moved to sf.net

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] liblo moved to sf.net
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 02:27:23 EEST

http://sourceforge.net/projects/liblo/

Theres a mailing list, liblo-devel.

For those who dont know, liblo is a GPL'd implementation of the OSC
protocol, which is a Remote Procedure Call language, designed for audio
software.

http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/

I feel that liblo is now mature enough to stand on its own, so I'm moved
it to sourceforge. I welcome help and advice from anyone who feels like
giving it, though I do want to stop the API getting too sprawly.

The current state is that I've just added UNIX domain and TCP transport
support, but they are a bit rough around the edges.

The current contents of the TODO list are:

 * Bundle support [needs NTP, argh]
 * Add source address to received messages
 * More/better regression tests
 * More/better example code
 * Normalise URI handling [needs discussion]
 * GTK/Qt/etc. tie code [maybe belongs in another library]
 * OSC pattern matching [still not sure about this one]
 * Rendevous/OpenWhatever (eg. howl) service discovery [low priority]
 * Add a JACK transport layer [maybe, low priority]
 * Make TCP work to spec (currently the TCP server only reads the 1st packet
   from every conneciton) [low priority]

Cheers,
   Steve