Re: [linux-audio-dev] SC3 - some help required

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SC3 - some help required
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 18:06:10 EEST

Alfons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen_AT_alcatel.be> writes:

> Now the problem seems to be that sclang and scsynth do not
> talk to each other. How is the sclang -> scsynth UDP link
> configured ?

It is automatically brought up if you call s.boot.

> There is no option in sclang to set the port number it sends to so
> probably this is fixed.

No, the second argument to Server-boot is an optional
NetAddr instance, which you can use to connect to some server
running on a non-standard port or even on a remote host (not localhost).

> OTOH, scsynth requires a port number for the -u option, but what
> should this be ?

As I said above, you usually don't start scsynth yourself, you
usually let sclang bring it up for you:

(
s.local.boot;
)

For more details, look at the Server and ServerOptions helpfile
(use C-c C-h in an Emacs SCEL buffer to access the helpfiles).

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang_AT_db.debian.org