Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.2.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.2.0
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 21:15:30 EEST

Dave Robillard wrote on Tue, 17-Aug-2004:

> I like the sliderbutton, but I think it'd be nicer and easier to read
> with some kind of graphical representation of the value as well.
>
> There's so much horizontal empty space there behind the text labels, why
> not put a 'progress bar' in the background? That would make it really
> nice for pan widgets etc.

For an example of that see Ardour's widgets for panning and plugin
parameter controls. They work fairly well, a double click
will change the area into a text entry (spinner too) for direct
value entry. Holding control increases the resolution of change.

In fact the sliderbutton really just seems to lack the visual
indication of "sliderness", and i think adding it as Dave suggested
would be a good addition (or make a new widget).

jlc