Re: [linux-audio-dev] Read this after your first cup of coffee

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Read this after your first cup of coffee
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 03:13:29 EEST

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 17:14, John Check wrote:
> > group (tautological, I know, but bear with me). Both perspectives are
> > equally valid, and since they aren't mututally exclusive, let's be
> > nice to each other.
> >
> This is pretty sweet, I haven't heard any negatives.

You seem surprised?

The flames don't come from mentioning commercial endeavors using free
software - you'll find very few people who are actually
anti-making-money (a common misunderstanding about free software people)

The flames come when you start talking about linux + proprietary
software... (and some of them will be from myself, for the record).
Free-as-in-speech and all that noise.

There's nothing wrong with making commercial products out of LAD
software - I doubt anyone's going to have a negative attitude about
making jack/linux/etc based drop-in networked synths/etc. It's a pretty
cool idea, someone might even help. :)

-DR-