Re: [linux-audio-dev] miniDV audio format

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] miniDV audio format
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 23:28:05 EEST

On Friday 27 August 2004 02:53, Paul Davis wrote:
> >> This was indeed discused recently: It doesn't matter at all since
> >> firewire is
> >> far from being supported by linux afaik. :-(
> >firewire works fine for me in linux... I use it for both DV work and
> >hotplug 200gb drives.
> to be clear: what is *not* supported are firewire audio
> interfaces.

Okay, so my information was wrong in general but right on the behalf of "Linux
_Audio_ Developers List". ;-)

Maybe my next laptop has firewire too, but thats a far far future and by then
firewire-audio-under-linux will be as normal as pci-audiocards are...

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---