Re: [linux-audio-dev] OSC vs MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OSC vs MIDI
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 21:55:17 EEST

Hallo,
Dave Robillard hat gesagt: // Dave Robillard wrote:
> Imagine a sequencer where, instead of little straight bars representing
> notes, the 'piano roll' just allowed you to draw a line to represent
> frequency.. with any angle, straight or curved (bezier), etc. Wow..
>
> Control could be like that too, with overlay and everything, but having
> that for pitch would be amazing.. has something like this ever been done
> before?

If you have Pd installed:
/usr/lib/pd/doc/7.stuff/data-structures/7.sequencer.pd

I'm currently preparing a workshop anout this stuff to be held at the
pd~convention 04 in Graz at the end of month, after that I'll publish
it as a tutorial on what Pd data structures/templates which hopefully
is a bit more accessible than the included documentation.

Ciao