[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public alpha of "Louderbox" a multiband squeezer!

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public alpha of "Louderbox" a multiband squeezer!
From: Dan Mills (dmills_AT_spamblock.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 21:26:57 EEST

Hi All,
        I am pleased to announce that I finally have an alpha release of a louderbox
that is (hopefully) reasonably fit to show its face in daylight....

What I have is an 8 band compressor/limiter/clipper/pre em thing written as a
jack client. It borrows very heavily from jamin but as fits its intended use
butchers far more of the dynamics then would be acceptable in a mastering
processor.

Excuse the autotools mess, I am still trying to get by head around the horrid
things. I Think the dependency list is correct, but do not depend on it.

The default startup config needs a lot of work and not all the GUI controls
are connected to the DSP core yet.

You can see the screenshots (which for some reason seem to matter more then
what it sounds like to some people!) and get the code here:

http://www.spamblock.demon.co.uk

Ps: Sorry Fred, I decided in the end to go with GTK and OSC for remote
control. Writing a RML to OSC bridge should be almost trivial however.

Like JAMIN (from which it borrows lots of code) this makes heavy use of LADSPA
plugins to do most of the real work.

Comments, Flames, Patches?

Regards, Dan.

--
** The email address  *IS*  valid, do  NOT  remove the spamblock
And on the evening of the first day the lord said...........