Re: [linux-audio-dev] VP kernels

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] VP kernels
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 02:45:21 EEST

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:13:43 +0400
Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm not subscribed to LKML, so positng here.
> Anyone tried 2.6.9-rc2-mm1-VP-S3?
> In two words: no luck.
> i8042 does not work at all (have an usb kbd hopely).
> Nvidia-61.11 does not modprobe (unresolved symbols), but builds .
>
> 2.6.9-rc1-VP-S0 works fine. except for few lockups after writing cds
> (may be not kernel, but xorg-6.8.0).
>
> Any comments?

Hi,

i had very mixed results from S0 on. i also experienced frequent
computer lockups upon cd usage [not only writing], but i made my hw
responsible for that. Might have been the patches though. With S1, S2
and S3 i also cannot use pppoe, nor can i insmod the nvidia binary only
driver after building it successfully. This seem to be problems of the
mm1 tree though since not applying the VP patch ontop of 2.6.9-rc2-mm1
yielded the same results. Dunno, if even maybe it's the 2.6.9-rc2
itself. Will test that tomorrow.

So, i'd stick with previous series [R or Q] for now.

flo