Re: [linux-audio-dev] Drum synth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Drum synth
From: Frank NEUMANN (frank.neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 18:20:56 EEST

Hi list,
Loki wrote:

[..]

> my laptop catching on fire on tuesday. ;-) At this stage i'm thinking of
> copying the circuits for the good ones in the TR series, the non-sample
> based simmons, and the techniques on the SOS site for tuned drums.
> Anything else anyone is keen on? A drum synth they can't live without? Or

Well, if you really want to dive into this, my "evergreens" would perhaps be:
- Roland TR909
- Roland TR808
- Roland CR78 (my personal favourite)

But for all of these, there's a lots of sample sets out there on the web,
so it probably really takes a die-hard drum fanatic to try to reproduce
those sounds reliably (and then, afterwards, modify them again :-).

Greetings,
Frank

PS: The Waldorf Attack is perhaps a nice machine to try to imitate..was
available in both hardware and software until the company died.. *sob*