Re: [linux-audio-dev] USB sound card for Mac and PC

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] USB sound card for Mac and PC
From: Pamplemousse Mk2 (pamplemousse_mk2_AT_netcourrier.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 21:37:40 EEST

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>>- M-Audio MobilePre USB
> Installation is nontrivial due to the firmware loader.

Ok, this soundcard should be avoided.

>>- Terratec Phase 26 USB (not tested on 2.6 kernel by Linux-USB, but
>>should work fine).
> Frank made the tests with both 2.4 and 2.6.

Perhaps this should be good for me.

>>There is the M-Audio Audiophile USB but it does not work on Gentoo (and
>>of course, I use Gentoo!!).
> It should work with recent driver versions.
OK, let's see this in the several weeks.

>>With one of these cards, I would be able to plug my mixer (Technics
>>SH-DJ 1200) on it and make phrase and live sample.
>

> With a mixer, you probably don't need things like a preamp or hi-Z
> inputs. Something very simple like the Edirol UA-1X might suffice.

I don't know, because perhaps Midi could be useful in the future for me.
I have to think about this. But your right, presently a simple device
should be enough. I will surely take a look at the iMic too.

Thanks.