[linux-audio-dev] problems running latency-test 0.5.5 with latest VP kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] problems running latency-test 0.5.5 with latest VP kernel
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 23:31:30 EEST

Hello,

I decided to give the voluntary preempt patch a try, so I just build a
2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 kernel. But when I try to run the latency-test I
run into the following problems:

First of all, a simple-to-fix compile error in showtrace.c, caused by a
missing "

        while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "k:hpr:)) != -1) {

        while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "k:hpr:")) != -1) {

Now, I run as root, I create /dev/midi0, and I load the latency-test
module

  mknod /dev/midi0 c 35 0
  modprobe latency-test

but if I configure (default) to use /dev/midi0, I get:

  error opening device

Using rtc instead doesn't work either:

  error setting freq 1024

(the error is: Inappropriate ioctl for device)

I searched a bit in the archives, and found mention of these problems,
but no solution...

And just an observation, the default wakeup_count=2 fails, because
if (use_rtc && wakeup_count != 1)

Any suggestion?

Maarten