Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 02:13:37 EEST

Hallo,
Jack O'Quin hat gesagt: // Jack O'Quin wrote:

> dubphil_AT_free.fr writes:
>
> > I want to setup a sound system with linux. For this, I need an app that
> > could split an audio file in four tracks in order to add them separately
> > some effects.
>
> You probably can do all this already with ecasound.
>
> AFAICT, ecasound can do anything. :-)

Which reminds me in general: Everyone should learn at least one decent
modular sound (and/or midi) tool, like Pd, Ecasound, SSM, ...

It's similar to the fact, that everyone should learn at least one
scripting language like Python, Bash or Perl. It's good for the mind
and it enables you to create little custom applications instead of
waiting for the C developers to write fullblown (and maybe bloated)
applications to fulfil these generally very personal needs.

Pd is especially good for this, everyone knows I will say this. ;)
But it's true.

Ciao