Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?
From: dubphil_AT_free.fr
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 14:12:36 EEST

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 06:46:13PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> An entire app definitely doesn't need to be built for this. All you
> need is a ladspa plugin that can separate its input by frequency.
> However there's not really much point of having one that does
> specifically what you want because you can just use 4 bandpass filters
> to separate the frequencies.

ok thats a good news :)

> Right now ams would be your best bet,

what is ams ? just try to search about that with no luck...

> and there's tons of bandpass
> filters for ladspa (try the blop plugins). If you really don't want to
> use ams for whatever reason, I guess you could run 4 seperate instances
> of jack rack...

Ok, to begin I tried to use 3 instances of Jack rack but the resulting sound is very bad ; there is a lot of saturation even if no effects are loaded !
Sometimes effect plug-ins are jumping so I must restart all the apps and reconnect all the stuff in order to get the chain working again, I can't imagine doing this during a live session :)
This configuration doesn't seem to be really stable :-(
I turned myself to Linux in order to find a stable config :)

So as suggested by other people, I tried ecasound :
when I run it in interactive mode and I set the input it complains with
a seg fault :-(
Anybody could help me with ecasound ?

I'm on demudi 1.2.0 with Kernel 2.4.25-1-multimedia-686
motherboard P4PE PIV 2.66GHz 512ko cache with 512Mo of DDRAM
the sound device is an integrated analog device soundmax (snd-intel8x0)
I have an edirol UM2 midi interface (2 in + 2 out)
all devices seems to be well controlled by the system.

thanks a lot

Philippe