Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 15:33:37 EEST

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> There is an important difference between C/C++ and "scripting
> languages" (including Pd): rapid prototyping is much faster with
> scripting languages than with C/C++. And Pd and Python are much easier
> to learn than C. Pd patches or Python scripts are easier to compile.
> I just want people to see, that everything doesn't need to be a
> C-application and that they can do a lot of things with much simpler
> tools.

And to prove it, I did a four-band-crossover filter network in Pd in
the last couple of minutes. As I did have problems getting the GLAME
filter to work in Pd, I just used the standard Pd lop~ and hip~
filters, which sound crappy, but are builtin, so no externals for Pd
are needed. xover-main-simple.pd is the main patch.

Ciao