Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 16:43:26 EEST

Hallo,
Jan Depner hat gesagt: // Jan Depner wrote:

> Geez Frank, you went and got serious on me ;-)

I just took it as a cheap excuse to do some more propaganda, sorry. ;)

> Always remember though - scripting languages are not compiled so
> they're much slower.

Not Pd. (Or AMS,...) Those modular systems are very optimized tools,
which have no real speed disadvantage compared to directly compiled
applications. There is a little bit of overhead, but nothing to worry
about in almost all realworld scenarios. Pd even can use plain C as
scripting language which is compiled on-the-fly using Kjetil's k_cext
external, but I admit, that's a bit exotic (though it actually works).

Ciao