sc w/o emacs (was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?)

Subject: sc w/o emacs (was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?)
From: CK (x_AT_meta.lo-res.org)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 14:08:20 EEST

I read:
> I'm actually looking for an alternative edit environment for SC, so I
> can bypass Emacs.

you could try august's scfront: http://aug.ment.org/scfront/
it's hardly as full featured but it can do the trick. As others
previously mentioned you can pipe code to sclang via stdin or
via sclangx < /tmp/scpipe or whatever, but what you get with
emacs (and I tell you, you want it) is searchable help and
browsing of the classlib sources. I don't think that at the
moment it's worth writing another texteditor, if you insist you
can always write your sc code in vim and load it in emacs or
try things like emacs vi mode http://billharlan.com/pub/emacs/
or http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/religion/poor-mans-vi-mode.html

cheers,

x (the heretic who uses _both_)

--
chris_AT_lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)