[linux-audio-dev] gtkmeter and threads?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] gtkmeter and threads?
From: Dan Mills (dmills_AT_spamblock.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 18:42:06 EET

Hi all,
I am working on a project that makes very heavy use of the gtkmeter code
(borrowed from JAMIN), and seem to have a hard to track down problem....

I am using jack so there are a few threads involved and the meters are updated
from a g_timeout_add timer callback, the update_meters function is protected
by gdk_threads_enter/leave. The problem is that in spite of this I still
sometimes get the GUI locking up. There are no locks shared between the GUI
and the DSP code and when this happens the DSP continues to run just fine.

I remember a CVS version of JAMIN used to do something similar?

Does anyone here remember what the cure was, it might give me some hints....

Regards, Dan.