Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] realtime-lsm-0.8.3 beta test

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] realtime-lsm-0.8.3 beta test
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 04:00:53 EET

Rohan Drape <rd_AT_alphalink.com.au> writes:

> Nice work, thanks. In passing, using
>
> KERNEL_DIR := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
>
> should behave properly for normal builds?

On my system,

  KERNEL_DIR := /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build

points to the build directory of the running kernel, but only if it
was built with the standard kernel makefiles and installed using `make
modules_install'. Debian kernels seem to lack that symlink. I don't
know how other distributions handle it.

It seemed safer to rely on the traditional /usr/src/linux symlink for
a default, instead. I did not want to assume that the build kernel is
necessarily the one currently running.

--
  joq