Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.3
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 10:24:39 EET

On lör, 2004-11-06 at 03:53, Paul Davis wrote:

> >Mmmm ... It looks to me like you haven't got a massive amount of
> >parameters (like ie the DX7?)
>
> makes no difference.

Great :) I understand that I can count on you helping out with the
conversion? >;->

> >I never had a problem with parameter changes coming in at the midi port.
>
> you described a race condition caused by the engine of a synth
> handling MIDI all by itself. i described a solution to that race. i
> didn't suggest that there are inherent problems with handling
> parameter changes directly, just that you can solve the race problem.

I think we are misunderstanding each other here? I tried to describe
that, although there is a race it is unimportant because:

 1) your hand can't tell the difference
 2) nothing bad happens

I was heading in the direction of relaxing the rules for what a dssi
client can do.

mvh // Jens M andreasen