[linux-audio-dev] Low-latency audio over IP

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Low-latency audio over IP
From: Asbjørn Sæbø (asbjs_AT_stud.ntnu.no)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 11:25:29 EET

I am working on what is called "distributed multimedia interaction", one
purpose of which is to investigate possibilities for ensemble playing
by remote parties, distributing the audio over IP networks.

A crucial point is to achieve audio transmission with very low latency.
If anyone could provide me with information on, or pointers to,
open-source software for doing this, I would be grateful. (I have
started to roll my own, but I can hardly defend duplicating work
unnecessarily.)

Other comments are of course also appreciated.

With kind regards
Asbjørn Sæbø

--
Asbjørn Sæbø, post.doc.
Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems