[linux-audio-dev] Re: Tascam US428 Hangup

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Tascam US428 Hangup
From: Spencer Russell (Spencer.Russell_AT_oberlin.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 10:57:07 EET

I got the latest alsa-drivers from CVS, compiled and installed
them, and it's still freezing up. I can have the modules loaded
for as long as I like, but it's when I start jack that it seems
to have problems. Most recently, I started qjackctl, it worked
until I started Ardour, at which point qjackctl died. I killed
and restarted jackd, and as soon as I started jackd my computer
froze. Every time it freezes like this, my caps lock and scroll
lock lights blink together. I got the same -11 error message
again, but this time it happened a few minutes before the freeze,
the first time I started jack.

I ran xmms with the alsa output plugin and after a minute or 2
the audio stopped with the message on syslog:
kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211:
usb_submit_urb() returned -11
kernel: usb-uhci.c: uhci_submit_urb: pipesize for pipe f0000 is zero
kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211: usb_submit_urb() returned -90
kernel: usb-uhci.c: uhci_submit_urb: pipesize for pipe f0000 is zero
kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211: usb_submit_urb() returned -90

any ideas on what this means, or other useful tests I could run?
Thanks,

spencer