[linux-audio-dev] Firewire Audio Card Support

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Firewire Audio Card Support
From: Olaf Christ (olaf_AT_solutionworks.de)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 16:15:52 EET

Hi,

as the owner of a firewire audio card (Motu 828mkII) I was disappointed when
trying to use it under linux. Asking Motu to provide tech docs and/or linux
drivers is useless: "We will possibly release linux drivers in the future,
but we never release any kind of technical documentation."
Is there any effort to join forces for putting pressure on the manufacturers
yet? I am willing to create an address list ordered by audio card
manufacturer/model to make the manufacturers realize there is a need for
linux support.

Any comments?

Olaf