Re: [linux-audio-dev] muse and /dev/rtc

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] muse and /dev/rtc
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 22:02:24 EET

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 20:25 +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> söndagen den 21 november 2004 19.39 skrev Lee Revell:
> > On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 18:06 +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > > Hi Werner,
> >
> > Is this a custom compiled kernel or a binary?
>
> It's the standard Mandrake 10.1 kernel, haven't started with lowlatency tuning
> yet.
>
> > What is the output of:
> >
> > zgrep RTC /proc/config.gz
>
> I guess you mean /boot/config

No, I meant /proc/config.gz. This is such a useful feature that I
sometimes forget it's not enabled on some distros ;-)

> It prints:
>
> CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
> CONFIG_RTC=m
> CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
> CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
> CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ=y
> CONFIG_SENSORS_RTC8564=m
> CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=m

OK this all looks good. I don't know, it sounds like a bug in Muse.
There must be some incompatibility using a binary Suse Muse package with
a Mandrake kernel.

Try a newer version of Muse. Maybe if you compile it your environment
will be detected correctly.

Lee