Re: [linux-audio-dev] cli midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] cli midi
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 19:32:15 EET

Hans Fugal <hans_AT_fugal.net> writes:

> Is there an app that will dump midi events in human-readable format to
> stdout (or a file, or gui window, whatever)?

I remember once having had such a tool for ALSA sequencer at least, but I
appear to have forgotten how it was called and can't find it either.

> Preferably it would work on SMF as well as realtime (ALSA), and have
> filters to filter out undesirables (e.g. active sensing or perhaps
> sysex).

Yay, mididump, that would be very useful.

> If such a beast doesn't exist, I'll probably hack something up for
> myself. If I do, would there be interest in my releasing it?

Yes, if it works with SMF and realtime with ALSA seq (and probably raw
alsa midi devices) I'd very much be interested in that.

--
CYa,
  Mario