Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 02:42:47 EET

On tor, 2004-11-25 at 02:49 +0300, Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> Time to develop really open (FireWire?) audio interface, free as in speech.

As you might have already noticed, free (as in freedom) designs for
hardware have been discussed here lately.
 There is a fee for prototyping though! I believe that the consensus was
that one should not use the nearmost supplier (close to Arctic Circle?)
but rather the least expensive supplier (which may be in Melbourne)

We are still talking a ton of dough, and an individual fronting the
consequences of everybody else banging out, is risking a substantial sum
of money.

/j

BTW: MIDI Firewire is a standard freely for sale >;->