Re: [linux-audio-dev] impulse convolution LADSPA plugin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] impulse convolution LADSPA plugin
From: Stefan Turner (stefan_turner_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 11:47:54 EET

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

I will definitely look into using DSSI, looks like it
could be good once as supported as LADSPA is (I'd
never even heard of it before your post, although
that's probably just me). Is it intended as an
eventual LADSPA replacement? I never really saw the
need to divide plugins into 'instruments' and
'effects', and it seems like DSSI can do both.

Stefan Turner

> It would be more practical to do it as a DSSI
plugin, LADSPA has no way
> indicate that you want to load files during runtime,
and no UI.

> In DSSI you can load the impulse in the "UI"
process, perform the FFT
> on
> it and send it ot hte DSP code with configure().
Once there the DSP

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com