Re: [linux-audio-dev] Open firewire audio interface: A back-of-an-envelope prototype plan

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Open firewire audio interface: A back-of-an-envelope prototype plan
From: smoerk (smoerk_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 16:06:25 EET

somehow a nice idea, i only see one problem:

firewire and usb audio devices are mainly used with laptops, whih
normaly have only one ethernet port. if you have a desktop, you could
also use a pci audio card.

what about usb 2.0 audio cards? has firewire any advantage? big
disadvantage with firewire for x86 laptops: they mostly have 4 pin
firewire port, so always need external power for the firewire audio device.