Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer how much longer?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer how much longer?
From: Lachlan Davison (ltdav1_AT_student.monash.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 16:03:34 EET

Am i the only one that thinks maybe this should come to an end at some point? How about those who would like to get a firewire interface contribute cash to the group of wonderful LAD designers/ElecEng types keen on making the ultimate open firewire interface and we can all be contented with open drivers and hardware and actually get back to making some music? Maybe when it is designed you can suggest to audioscience that they can make it? They get all the basic design done for them, and a new and exciting product, everyone gets to buy a firewire interface that works and everyone is happy. Eyes seem to be focused on firewire now, we still have probs with usb, well at least my griffin imic and some others don't do full duplex with alsa&jack(only oss&jack). I really would like some slightly more musically related discussion on here, i.e what synth are missing, what features need to be developed so x can make y easier with z, etc. Quite often i just love a synth that does a simp!
le job and does it well, ie a TB303(maybedevilfish mod ;p) emulation, a decent drum synth (coming very, very soon), etc and just getting together and making some tunes would be great. (for instance http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/loop_soup/) I think sometimes we seem to miss the point of actually making music with this stuff...

Loki

---------
 Strike another match, go start anew
 And it's all over now, Baby Blue.