[linux-audio-dev] Firewire and Macie Onyx

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Firewire and Macie Onyx
From: Asbjørn Sæbø (asbjs_AT_stud.ntnu.no)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 17:01:14 EET

(Somewhat related to recent threads.)

I see that the new Mackie mixers (the Onyx series) have the possibility
to put in a card with D/A converters and a FireWire connection to a
computer. I have bought one of these mixers, and might be interested in
bying such a card for recording purposes. But it will need to have
Linux drivers. How probable is it that Mackie will produce such
drivers, or release the necessary specs? And, if given specs, can
someone be persuaded to do a driver?

(According to what I have read, the the card works just "out of the box"
with Mac OsX's Core Audio drivers. While for MS Windows, drivers are
needed.)

Asbjørn Sæbø