Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Graphical dataflow programs violate patents]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Graphical dataflow programs violate patents]
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 16:15:49 EET

>Well, this patent is dated 1986. I'm pretty sure Max existed in some
>form or another before then, right?

its not that clear. according to the timeline provided at Ircam,
"Patcher", the predecessor of Max, was started in 1986. i don't know
if patcher had a visual dataflow model or not. Max itself didn't exist
till 1990.

>Anyway, if they ever were to attack any sort of music application, I'm
>sure Native Instruments (Reaktor) and Cycling 74 (Max/MSP) might have
>something to say about it. :)

2 tiny, tiny companies with very little in the way of cash reserves?
sure, loud like a mouse ...

--p