Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala
From: John Check (j4strngs_AT_bitless.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 22:28:57 EET

On Friday 17 December 2004 01:04 pm, Paul Brossier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 04:18:15PM +0100, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> > future"). But he made this offer: "However if someone makes a
> > Debian package for it, I'll be happy to distribute it."
>
> oh well, without (!) the source code there is no point anyway...

Nah, nobody is interested in running the app, just dickering about
licensing...
Frankly, I _really_ don't think there's room for elitism coming from LAU
because non-free software currently kicks our asses up and down the street as
far as functionality goes. What's good to advance the cause is good apps.
The source doesn't matter. Hell, I'd pay a dollar not to hear such silliness
before I'd complain about gratis-ware

Not quite sure where you were going with the package criticism in your prior
mail. If a deb package exists that doesn't meant it has to be distributed by
Debian. It sounded to me like the author is willing to provide the resources
to distribute it alongside whatever he's got now.