Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 14:56:17 EET

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:09:54 +0100
Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se> wrote:

> On lör, 2004-12-18 at 05:26 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
>

> > Great. Btw: does anyone know exactly what framerate non drop 30 fps MTC
> > has? Should i really send with 29.97 fps?
> >

> MTC haven't got a 29.97 nondrop. But it would have if you slowed it
> down :)

Hehe, i did play with it. I changed the average quarterframe frequency
to (29.97*4)hz and ardour started to drift off pretty quickly.

This stuff is still new to me, so i'm sure there's still more than one
or two bugs in my code. But i saw ardour slave actually pretty nicely to
it so i thought "what the heck! release early, release often".

> http://www.sfu.ca/sca/Manuals/ZAAPf/t/tcode_rate.html
>

> Frame rates are as follows:

[snip]

Thanks :)