Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 02:27:15 EET

> it's the height of hypocrisy to disrespect the copyright holders
> distribution terms.

What?? Where did i disrespect his terms?

> Guy, I don't need the source code. I really don't. You may, but I don't.
> Sometimes I want to see it. Sometimes I need it to make a binary because there
> is no other option. I like the option of having it available. Sometimes
> I even poke it with a stick and let the author know if any maggots fall out,
> but it's not a requirement. If a prog sounds interesting, I want to spend
> most of the introduction time running the code to see if it's even worth
> taking the time to download the source.
>
> I say I don't care about access to the source code, which is the developers
> melieu, you say you don't care about the runtime, which is the users melieu.
> It's two sides of the same coin, so let's all just do what we gotta do
> instead of going around in circles.

You didn't get my messages at all.... Listen, why don't you just buy the
software you need? As you said anyway, they are a lot better in terms of
quality, and you're not really interested in free as in speech anyway,
so what's the point? Or is it that you just don't want to spend the
money?

Marek