Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala
From: Alfons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_alcatel.be)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 17:36:42 EET

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 04:18:15PM +0100, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> Unfortunately Manuel Op de Coul, the author of Scala
> (http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/), currently does not want to change his
> non-commercial license ("perhaps in the future"). But he made this offer:
> "However if someone makes a Debian package for it, I'll be happy to distribute
> it."
>
> Scala is written in Ada. If someone wants to help with building a Debian
> package, please let him know.

The binary that Manuel supplies should work on Debian, so it's packaging
only that's required.

I had this problem the last time I updated Scala: the database consists of
textfiles with lines terminated by CR+LF. The linux binary didn't seem to
like this format, and I had to convert all the files (a small script is
all it takes).

--
FA