[linux-audio-dev] WXWidget/Portmidi cross platform dev

From: Dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 14:16:38 EET

Happy new year 2005 to all LA fellows !

Recently I have contacted a manufacturer (WaveIdea) to help them adapting
their hardware (a great midi Interface unit
http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bitstream_3x/) on Linux and they are
very opened to collaborate with the community.
They are developping with the cross platform libraries WXWidget and
Portmidi, libraries used for example by "Audacity". they have two softs.
- a proprieritary soft : the firmware upgrader, I have compiled it on
Linux and it looks like it will work very well on this platform.
- a "future" open source soft (I succeed in convincing them to make it
open source) that has not been developped completely. It is the
configuration tool of the unit. The developpment should consist in :
- linking the UI action to the low level functions that should
send/receive Sysex between the soft and the unit.
- Improve the UI itself.
Anyone interested to help finishing this open source soft is welcome, just
contact me.

Philippe