Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux friendly, portable digital recording devices?

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 19:53:51 EET

I think the Neuros II (http://www.neurosaudio.com/) is closer to what
you need. It includes a built in microphone as well as a mic in.
Records in mp3 or WAV (up o 48KHz). USB 2.0 interface. Mine works very
well with Linux. You can get one with 256MB of memory for $140 or one
with a 20GB hard drive for $250. They run for quite a while on
batteries. When recording on batteries they will last longer using mp3
recording than WAV recording. Batteries are rechargeable. One of the
nice things about this company is that they have open sourced all of
their software and opened the specs for the units. They actually want
open source developers on-board (go figure). Their support is excellent
as well (the first one I received had been bounced around a bit in
shipping and they sent me a new one immediately).

Jan