Re: [linux-audio-dev] Disappointing LA community ?

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 11:01:37 EET

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:38:32 -0000 (UCT)
"Dubphil" <dubphil@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This post is not a flame, it is just a questionning about how works and
> thinks the Linux Audio Community...
>
> Later on LAU and LAD there was a big and nervous thread that was
> schematicaly talking about the lack of manufacturers wanted to
> collaborate with the Linux developpers in order to get their products
> working on our favorite OS.
>
> Recently I have succeeded in convicing a Manufacturer (Wave Idea) to
> consider the importance of giving Linux support to his products. I was
> really convince myself that this initiative will be encouraged by the
> Linux Audio community. That's why I have posted an help request to make
> Wave Idea products fully Linux compliant.

The problem is that the device you wrote about was a MIDI interface and
the LA community seems much more interested in digital audio than it is
in MIDI. I'm sure if your device was a high end, reasonably priced
multi-channel digital audio interface you would have been overwhelmed
with responses.

> PS: perhaps because I'm french and my english is poor :)

You english is fine.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I've got an idea! Sun, Oracle, and IBM hold down MS while Linux
gets to kick them!" -- Lou Grinzo on LinuxToday.com