[linux-audio-dev] Audio CD verification/error detection

From: Lawrence Coffin <lcoffin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 01:56:58 EET

        Hi everyone,

        I'm looking for a way to verify an audio CD -- to make sure
there are no flaws (scratches, mfg errors) that would cause skips or
other playback problems on your typical consumer CD player.

        Are there any tools that are specifically written to do this?
Or any tools that could be easily modified for this?

        It seems that most of the tools I've found that are close to
this are designed to rip a CD and only deal with any problems only in
so far as they cause the ripping process to fail. What I want to have
is something that actually reports on the errors that it encounters
so I can reject any disks that would fail (or be likely to fail).

        Thanks,

        ---Lawrence

| Lawrence Coffin                                          Watertown, MA |
| http://www.PointInfinity.com/lcoffin/        lcoffin@email-addr-hidden |
| http://www.whosmytwin.org                    Find your long lost twin! |
Garbage In -- Gospel Out.
-