Re: [linux-audio-dev] [semi-OT] EEL 0.1.0

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 20:22:44 EET

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 03:29:24PM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> My main focus has been on easy typing and reading, and making it hard
> to accidentally write code that doesn't do what you think it does.

A worthy goal!

One little thing I've come to like about Python -
you can't use an assignment in an expression like:

while x = 1:

The rationale, and discussion of some common idioms, is described here:
http://python.org/doc/faq/general.html#why-can-t-i-use-an-assignment-in-an-expression

That whole section also has a lot of rationale for various python
features (and some historical warts), so it might be a good read
for a budding young language designer even if you hate the
choices made ;-)

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com