Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still on usx2y

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 14:57:34 EET

Antonio "Willy" Malara wrote:
>> I'll recommend you to check whether you got the latest:
>>
>> 1) snd-usb-usx2y >= 0.8.7.1
>
> checked! :P

You don't have to look into kernel source code. Try this ones better:

    modinfo snd-usb-usx2y

Oh, just in case we're missing something, also give the output of these:

    cat /proc/asound/version
    cat /proc/asound/cards
    cat /proc/asound/pcm
    cat /proc/asound/hwdep

Another one thing: if you wanna take advantage of the jackd bleeding edge
code for usx2y, please remember to load the snd-usb-usx2y module with the
nrpacks=1 parameter set, like this:

    modprobe snd-usb-usx2y nrpacks=1

or under your /etc/modprobe.conf, something like this

    options snd-usb-usx2y index=N nrpacks=1

(N is the soundcard index, probably 0 in your case, but not sure; check it
out from the /proc/asound/cards info) then starting jackd, use the
"hw:N,2" device name instead of just "hw:N" (the later should work too,
but that's about using the regular alsa interface not the usx2y specific
one).

Good luck :)

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela