Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: korg oasys

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 14:54:52 EET

On mån, 2005-01-24 at 10:50 +0000, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:

> > The javascript on korgs pages kills my Mozilla/Xsession/system, but I
> > managed to pick out that it will do 84 simultanious anologue synth
> > voices (before I had to reboot.)
>
> Javascript made you reboot?
>
> That's pretty severe. The worst I've had is killing the browser and
> once killing X.

I did it again, and yes, it can be repeated consistently. I think it has
something to do with memory-leaks and running out of swap, causing
malloc to either fail or perhaps previously untouched mallocced areas
are being called for (and failing), resulting in servers and system
being incomplete and the numbers of error messages heading well beyond
the screaming sixties ...

You wanna try?

> I blame microsoft. I'm not sure why, yet, but I just *know* they're
> behind it.

I blame only me.

If I backout (killall X) when I start to realize something is terribly
wrong, instead of hoping for the system to eventually stabilize, it will
still be OK!

Mmmm ... Perhaps?
;-)

--