Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] jack_convolve-0.0.1

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 11:28:23 EET

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:14:49AM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> So there's plenty room for optimization (and some return value checking
> will be added too ;)).. If you know some tricks, let me know.. The
> sourcecode is pasted below for easier reference.

For a typcal stereo room simulation, what you need is actually

| L' | | a b | | L |
| R' | | c d | | R |

where a, b, c, d are the responses to be convolved with.

In its present form, you code will do this if you split inputs
and recombine outputs, but only with a lot of redundant work.

It could be a good idea to have a more flexible I/O configuration
that would allow this.

--
Fons