Re: [linux-audio-dev] cool plugin from Waves

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 20:52:33 EET

On fre, 2005-02-04 at 15:56 +0100, Christian Henz wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:56:22AM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 January 2005 00.00, Jan Depner wrote:
> > > Now, if you could just do the same with outboard reverbs... ;-)
> >
> > Well, using a recorded impulse response with some sort of convolution
> > algorithm works for real rooms, so why not virtual ones?

I think this method will not catch the mild doppler effect arising from
turbolence? (.. nor the *wild* turbolence, if house is on fire!)

> I think this is already being done. I remember reading somewhere that
> there is a controversy if it is actually legal to 'sample' outboard
> reverb units (Lexicon etc.).

Again, will this work at all? The (well-working) designs I have seen,
all use time-modulated delays in the 'tank'. Every sampled impulse
response would be slightly different from the previous.

--
   (
    )