Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME HDSP MADI drivers?

From: Markus Schwarzenberg <schwarzb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 12:43:22 EET

On Thu Feb 10 06:12:55 2005 tiwai at suse.de (Takashi Iwai) wrote:

> At Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:56:39 +0100,
> thomas charbonnel wrote:
> >
> > Marije Baalman wrote :

> > > ok, that's great :)
> > >
> > > then we can consider getting one of these cards....
> > >
> > > sincerely,
> > > Marije
> >
> > Hi Marije,
> >
> > Some precisions : the driver is not yet in the kernel tree (you have
> > to compile it as a module), and I still have to add support for it
> > in hdspmixer and hdspconf (hopefully soon).
>
> I have no objection to move the driver into kernel tree, but so far no
> one has reported that it works with 2.6 kernels...

... so I can report it works! (Using suse-9.2 default kernel (2.6.8),
but alsa-1.0.8). Tested so far using jack-0.99.0, realtime-lsm-0.8.5 and
pd -jack. However, by now it doesn't work with more than 16 IO channels.
I'm not yet sure if thats a jack or a driver (hdspm) issue - I'll
investigate, didn't run it whitout jack by know.

Markus Schwarzenberg