[linux-audio-dev] Re: Welcome to the "linux-audio-dev" mailing list

From: krsrtn <k.gebbert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 22:28:33 EET

hi list,

I have problems installing the emi26 on my box running fc3 & ccrma. I
rebuilt a kernel with the necessary module and reinstalled alsa
afterwards. it looks fine actually, even when I start alsa it loads
the module for the emi26. unfortunately it does not work yet. what did
I miss out??

my settings in modprobe.conf look like this::

alias snd-card-0 emi26
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
options snd-card-0 index=0

alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-card-1 index=1

alias snd-card-2 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-2 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-2 index=2

alias snd-card-3 snd-virmidi
options snd-card-3 index=3

I also did 'depmod -a' afterwards and restarted alsa. the messages
seemed to have emi26 loaded, also when I do this::

[karlos@email-addr-hidden ~]$ lsmod
Module Size Used by
snd_virmidi 8384 0
snd_seq_virmidi 12288 1 snd_virmidi
snd_seq_midi_event 12032 1 snd_seq_virmidi
snd_seq 59536 2 snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_intel8x0 36800 1
snd_ac97_codec 76792 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_usb_audio 70336 0
snd_pcm_oss 57632 0
snd_mixer_oss 23552 2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 99204 4
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer 30340 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_usb_lib 17408 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_rawmidi 29472 2 snd_seq_virmidi,snd_usb_lib
snd_seq_device 13196 2 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd 62052 13
snd_virmidi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_usb_lib,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore 14304 2 snd
emi26 168704 0

but it is not claimed by any device. I have it connected and the blue
LED it lit, so I wonder what the heck I do wrong. should I see more
lights, green ones? I have not used the emi26 with something else so I
don't know.

any ideas?

thanks,

Karsten